Monday, October 19, 2009

Yet another happy non-smoker...

As I mentioned in my blog last week, Oct 15th was Colleen Rusholme's first anniversary of quitting. Colleen is part of Toronto's EZ-Rock breakfast team, Humble, Kim, Colleen and Rick.

She sent this lovely email through...

"I carry the words " shame" " hopelessness" and " fear" on a little piece of paper in my wallet. I pull it out sometimes as a reminder of who I used to be and how I felt about myself as a smoker. If I could go back and tell that girl that she could be a happy, non deprived non-smoker, I would. I'm free and forever grateful for this method of quitting. I only planned on quitting ONCE. And that's what I did. THANK-YOU!"

We hope that the large number of smokers who want to quit, but are too scared to try, will be inspired by your story. Thank you Colleen for sharing it...

To quit smoking in Toronto - or anywhere across North America, please visit us at www.theeasywaytostopsmoking.com

1 comment:

LuC said...

I already quit smoking for 3 weeks, and i am more inspired when i read trough your blog...
Actually, for me, my story, I am a father of 3 kids (3,2,1 years old)..2 of my kids have athma...quite bad...almost every month at least once, I need to send them to hospital to take the nebs...and I was wondering, is it because it was written that my kids have athma?...or is it the fault is on me becuase I'm a smoker...It was a burden to think that..I'm the one who give the problems to them and to me...so I said.."Its time for me to save my health, the one I love...and for the money I waste!"
Thanx!you motivate me to continue this compulsory challenge.