Monday, November 9, 2009

Grow up!

Some deep thinker has started a website called RepealSmokingBans.com

My favourite section is the Hall of Shame where senators, public health professionals, Cancer Society volunteers, nurses, professors of radiology are roundly denounced as fascists. Here are some of my favourite quotes:

Commenting on South Dakota Gov. Mike Rounds' statement "We all recognize the health hazards of smoke and secondhand smoke. After serious deliberation, the Legislature decided to create a smoke-free environment in restaurants and lounges." the website says: "Wrong, nazi-breath. We do not acknowledge your lies and propaganda. There was no 'serious deliberation'....You're un-American. You're a coward. We know it, and now the whole world knows it. South Dakota. The home of Mount Rushmore. Absolutely disgusting."

Or this beauty: Gay Cornell is an American Cancer Society volunteer from Kansas who lost close relatives, including a parent, to smoking related cancer in their thirties. For her work in advocating for a smoking ban in Kansas she is described as a 'slob', 'lunatic', 'fascist', 'zealot', 'thug', 'arrogant', 'tyrannical', 'Nazi', 'out of control' and, my personal favourite, as 'spitting on the grave of every soul that gave all'. When soldiers are fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan, I'm pretty sure they aren't fighting against smoking bans.

I once made the observation that sometimes you know which side of an argument is right just by seeing who's on the other side of it. Surely this is such a case. If I was still a smoker, I would be embarrassed and ashamed of these morons.

1 comment:

Way To Stop Smoking said...

I agree if every word in a post
Too many years looking for a solution to my problem of smoking
And I found him a few months ago. Smoking is a problem of all
Thank you for the interesting and important information

Greg