Wednesday, April 16, 2008

NYC nicotine patches - one over each eye so you can't see the results!

I subscribe to the NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene newsletter and today I received an email from them advising me of the launch of their latest quit smoking campaign.

In another repeat of the program first introduced in 2003, until May 1st 2008 the nicotine patch and gum will be available free of charge to an unspecified number of eligible NYC smokers wanting to quit. Whilst I am very happy to see the city taking quitting so seriously, I again question the wisdom of using nicotine replacement therapy which, according to industry reports, has six-month quit rates of just 7%.

To compare these success rates to Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking webcasts and seminars, please click here and for a comprehensive review of all of the major quit smoking methods, please click here

No comments: